Saturday, March 30, 2013

Gigi

A local guy, Cisco Cycles, has started a new business of swapping and recycling bikes.  My husband's old late 70's Motorbecane hadn't been ridden in 20 years, so I brought it over to Cisco Cycles to see if he had a road bike.  There I met Gigi:



She's a 70's Motorbecane Mixte 10 speed and she is now mine. <3  She has the Raleigh/Suntour real derailleur and shifters, Shimano Altus front derailleur, Raleigh cranks and pedals, quick release front wheel and the original Weinmann center-pull brake system.

Today he'll clean her up and make sure she's 100% and I can pick her up a little later today or tomorrow sometime.  I'll move my bike computer over to her for training and hopefully she'll be flying her way to LaCrosse in August for my JDRF ride.

It's funny, while we were there, I could see her out of the corner of my eye trying to get my attention the same way MacGreevey did when I was first looking for a car.  She even whispered her name, "Gigi," to me when I sat on her to see if she was the proper size.  There was a similar vintage Raleigh there as well, but she didn't feel the same.

Sure she's not an ultra-light composite framed 21 speed mega bike, but she is beautiful and she is just my speed.  Funny how those things work out, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment